3. Offering Hope During a Long Economic Decline
In the 1930s, the world was enduring the Great Depression and Germany had it worse off than most. Struggling under the weight of the Treaty of Versailles they printed too much money and made their currency worthless, completely bankrupting the middle-class. This generated a massive groundswell of discontent and made people look for a strongman who could take control again and help them recover their lost prosperity.
Since the great economic meltdown in 2008, America still has not recovered. There are fewer jobs and the jobs that are there pay less than they used to. Debt levels continue to climb to crazy heights, interest rates remain stuck at zero and the middle class seems to be eroding away. Americans feel that their current government is corrupt and ineffective and are desperately looking for someone with a strong enough personality to cut through Washington’s red tape and make the government work for them again. Trump is positioning himself as the guy who’ll save America.
More in Celebrity
15 Reasons Meghan Markle’s Transition Into the Royal Family Will Be No Fairy Tale
3. The Myrtle Bouquet Since Queen Victoria said her vows, every royal bride has carried a sprig of myrtle up the...April 16, 2018
14 Celebrities with Surprising Hidden Skills and Talents
3. Ellen Page Can Juggle The Juno star must have spent a lot of time in between takes tossing random crap...April 9, 2018
10 Film Directors Who Couldn’t Resist Their Leading Ladies
3. Milla Jovovich and Her Directors The star of the Resident Evil series first married French auteur Luc Besson in 1997...March 28, 2018
10 of the Most Ridiculous Christmas Presents Celebrities Give Each Other
3. Rihanna One of Rihanna’s really good friends surprised her with this sculpture by Jeff Koons, and if you’re confused by...December 1, 2017
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Notorious Criminal Charles Manson
3. Manson Was in and Out of Prison for More Than Twenty Years Between 1943 and 1967, Charles Manson was convicted...November 29, 2017
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Kevin Spacey
3. Troublemaker To call Spacey a “troublemaker” during his childhood is an understatement. He allegedly burned down his sister’s tree house,...November 7, 2017