You remember Tom Anderson, right? Okay, let me rephrase that. You remember Tom from Myspace, right? Yeah, that probably rings a bell. He was everyone’s first friend and the pioneer behind one of the first social media sites that changed our lives forever.
In the early-2000s, he worked as a product tester and copywriter at a digital storage company. He teamed up with Chris DeWolfe to create a platform to go head-to-head with Friendster (a now defunct rival). Anderson created his Myspace profile in 2003, and soon enough, millions of users were logging in every day.
In 2005, Anderson and DeWolfe sold the site to News Corp for $580 million. We all know what happened to Myspace (R.I.P.), but many are clueless as to what the website’s co-founder has been up to.
Well, Anderson took his millions and decided to make it rain all over the world. Okay, not really. But he is living the life that most of us can only dream of. He’s active on various social networking sites, including Google+, and Twitter, but the real magic happens on his Instagram profile.
In his IG bio, he says photography has been a hobby of his for the last four years. But judging by these photos, he’s definitely no novice. While traveling, he has taken some pretty spectacular pictures that deserve a feature in National Geographic. Seriously, they’re that good.
Check out some of his best captures from across the globe. If this isn’t definition of #goals then I don’t know what is!
1. He Spent the Summer in Iceland and Captured This Photo of a Rainbow in the Midst of a Waterfall
2. Watching the Lava Flow Into the Ocean in Hawaii
3. This is What Tom Calls a ‘Mysterious Spot’ Off the Coast of Oregon
4. Enjoying the Sights at the Yi Peng festival in Thailand
5. A Fantastic Shot in the Heart of D.C. After a Rainstorm
6. Capturing This Incredible Photo of the Locals in Guilin, China
7. Observing a Monk During a Quiet and Peaceful Moment in Mae Jo, Thailand
8. Driving Down the Open Road and Stopping for a Photo Right Next to the Pacific Ocean
9. Trekking Through a Permit-Only Zone In Zion National Park
10. Partying Like a Rockstar at the Burningman Festival in 2012
11. A Shot of the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California. Oh Yeah, and Some Pretty Awesome Fireworks in the Distance!
12. Checking Out a Water-Covered Salt Flat In Uyuni, Bolivia. Doesn’t the Sky Look Like Something Out of a Sci-Fi Movie?
13. Hanging Loose on the North Shore in Oahu.
14. Taking in the Futuristic Sights in Roppongi Hills, Tokyo
15. Exploring the Hidden Crevice Inside a Slot Canyon in Arizona
More in Celebrity
15 Reasons Meghan Markle’s Transition Into the Royal Family Will Be No Fairy Tale
On May 18, New England royal and former actor Meghan Markle will achieve the pipe dream of a whole host of...April 16, 2018
14 Celebrities with Surprising Hidden Skills and Talents
We might think of celebrities as people who thrive on a single God-given talent, but the stars we know and love...April 9, 2018
10 Film Directors Who Couldn’t Resist Their Leading Ladies
Since the golden age of Hollywood, film directors have worked diligently to earn a reputation for snapping up (or being snapped...March 28, 2018
10 of the Most Ridiculous Christmas Presents Celebrities Give Each Other
It’s hard to find the perfect gift, but can you imagine how hard it must be to find a special present...December 1, 2017
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Notorious Criminal Charles Manson
On Sunday, November 19, Charles Manson died of natural causes inside a Bakersfield hospital. He was 83. The undeniably disturbed man...November 29, 2017
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Kevin Spacey
After the Harvey Weinstein scandal sent Hollywood into a tailspin, actor Kevin Spacey was one of the many high-profile men who...November 7, 2017