Actors often have to learn new skills to fit the character they’re portraying. Sometimes the level of skill required for the film is so high that they end up training their socks off!
At least in the end, if acting work dries up for them, they’ll have something else to fall back on…
Olivia Munn – Sword Skills:
– Played Psylocke in the highly anticipated “X-Men: Apocalypse
– To prepare for her mutant role, she endured six hours of daily training
– Munn detailed her exhaustive training regime before filming a fight scene over the course of two weeks. “i worked for many months training and i did, like, 6-7 hours a day of sword and taekwondo training, and stunt training and wire training,”
Channing Tatum – Tap Dancing:
– Channing Tatum learned to tap-dance (and sing, kind of) for the Coen Brothers’ Hail, Caesar!
– Tatum had to take “ten years of tap-dance training and crunch it into three months,” says Caesar! Choreographer Christopher Gattelli.
Natalie Portman – Ballet:
– Natalie Portman took herself from actress to believable ballerina for her role in Black Swan, thanks to an intense training program under the guidance of former new york city ballet dancer Mary Helen Bowers.
– Portman Prained for up to 8 hours a day, six days a week.
– To help Portman build a strong, slim ballerina body, Bowers supplemented ballet classes with swimming, cross-training, and endurance exercises. “we usually started by swimming a mile a day, doing the front crawl and breast stroke,” she says. “then we’d do 2 hours of ballet exercises and resistance work.”
Joseph Gordon-Gevitt – Tightrope Walking:
– Joseph Gordon-Gevitt spent eight days learning how to walk a tightrope, juggle, and embody the other legendary skills of daredevil Philippe Petit.
– Petit led Ggordon-Levitt through multiple training sessions in blocks of 10 minutes each on everything from juggling to engaging his core muscles while walking to maintain a tight stance.
– Beyond the high wire, Gordon-Levitt also employed a personal trainer to increase his upper-body strength and balance. In the end, he could even ride a unicycle!
More in Video
10 Times Movie Heroes Lamely Became the Villain
When done right, superheros who turn into villains are awesome! You get to experience the full potential of the hero without...November 17, 2017
10 Details Animators Hid In Disney Movies
Some Easter eggs are so tucked away that even if it was something as recognizable as Justin Biebers face, you’d likely...November 16, 2017
10 Secret Star Wars Facts You Didn’t Know About
Star wars has a huge fan base, however aside from the things many fans do know about Star Wars, there are...November 8, 2017
10 Movie Clues That Secretly Reveal the Plot
Some movie directors like to leave clues in their movies that reveal what is going to happen in the scenes to...November 7, 2017
Amazing Before & After Hollywood VFX Part 19
Here’s how some of the VFX and CGI magic was done in these two awesome movies: – Snow White and the...November 1, 2017
Did Selena Gomez and the Weeknd Split Because of Justin Bieber?
Selena Gomez and the Weeknd broke up! Did Justin Bieber and Selena’s recent reconciliation have anything to do with it? Justin...November 1, 2017