2. Pope Innocent III
Let’s start here, with maybe the most corrupt Pope in history (and that’s saying something). While most of the people on this list certainly accrued their fair share of power along with their vast fortunes, Pope Innocent III accrued so much power he didn’t necessarily need wealth. Early in the thirteenth century, Innocent claimed power over the entirety of Europe’s various monarchies (and actually got it, too). Of course he leveraged that influence into the disastrous Fourth Crusade, but, hey, that’s poor people’s problems. Even better, Pope Innocent also gets to go down in history as one of the most hypocritical figures in history, too, because he preached the virtues of poverty while living one of the most lavish lifestyles in history.
More in Lists!
16 Fast Facts Fans Don’t Know About ‘Veronica Mars’
2. Some of the runner ups got other roles however The second choice to play Veronica behind Kristen Bell was Alona...January 5, 2017
15 Things Fans Don’t Know About Lisa Vanderpump
2. Lisa and her husband got married six weeks after meeting Lisa and Ken Todd only knew each other for a...January 4, 2017
Why Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Are the Cutest Couple
2. Sparks flew for Anna when they bonded over bugs Chris might have known that Anna was the one based on...November 17, 2016
Proof that Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Are PDA Pros
2. They Hooked Up at the End of the Day But Didn’t Get Serious for a While Chrissy and John hooked...October 17, 2016
Here’s How Much the 2016 Presidential Candidates Are Actually Worth
2. Carly Fiorina: $58 Million The Republican party had a token woman candidate in Carly Fiorina, a former AT&T executive and...March 16, 2016
You Won’t Believe What’s In This Year’s Oscar Swag Bag
2. Deluxe Toilet Paper Nothing but the best for celebrity tooshies. Joseph’s Toiletries is including “The Welcomer” in these Oscar kits,...February 18, 2016