Celebrity chef Mario Batali is surrendering all of his restaurants in the wake of the various sexual assault allegations that were brought against him last year.
The 58-year-old was the co-owner of sixteen eateries worldwide, including favorites Babbo and Del Posto. Batali had restaurants in NYC, Las Vegas, LA, Newport Beach, Boston, Singapore, Westport and New Haven, Connecticut.
Batali had originally stepped away from the restaurants’ day-to-day operations after the accusations, but had not formally divested from them.
The partnership between Batali and the Bastianich family was formally dissolved on Wednesday. The B&B (Batali and Bastianich) Hospitality Group had been formed in 1998. Tanya Bastianich Manuali told the New York Times: Batali “will no longer profit from the restaurants in any way, shape or form,” she said.
The Seattle native was accused of sexual assault or harassment by several women, including accusations he drugged and sexually assaulted an employee in 2005.
He has been one of America’s best known personalities in the restaurant industry, a bestselling cookbook author and star of TV cooking shows.
Batali’s career initially took off after he opened Po in New York City in the early 1990s. He increased his celebrity status as the host of Molto Mario on the Food Network, and through his appearances on shows like Iron Chef America and ABC’s The Chew.
Batali has denied all allegations of sexual assault, but has said “My past behavior has been deeply inappropriate and I am sincerely remorseful for my actions.”
More in News
‘Donnie Brasco’ Actor Michael Madsen Arrested for DUI
The Kill Bill actor is behind bars after crashing his Land Rover in Malibu on Sunday around 8pm. Advertisement According to...March 25, 2019
Olivia Jade and Sister Bella Have Officially Left USC
As you already know Fuller House star Lori Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli were indicted for allegedly paying...March 22, 2019
Country Singer Justin Carter Has Died
The 35-year-old rising star is dead after accidentally shooting himself in the face on the set of his music video. Advertisement...March 22, 2019
Emilia Clarke Almost Died TWICE While Filming “Game of Thrones”
Not even multiple life-threatening health scares could stop Emilia Clarke from playing the part of Queen Daenerys Targaryen on Game of...March 21, 2019
Jessica Simpson Has Given Birth to Her Third Child
Jessica Simpson and her husband Eric Johnson welcomed their third child, daughter Birdie Mae on March 19. Birdie joins big brother...March 21, 2019
Emma Roberts and Evan Peters End Their Engagement
After nearly seven years together, the American Horror Story actors have officially broken up. A source confirmed to Us Weekly that the...March 20, 2019